This recipe (especially using convection oven) produces crispy skin chicken that is moist inside. Best to use antibiotic-free, hormone-free chicken.
– 1/2 organic chicken
– Salt & pepper
– Olive Oil
– If frozen, thaw chicken in water bath.
– Preheat oven to 425° convection roast.
– Wash and pat chicken dry.
– Season both sides with salt & pepper.
– Place chicken on aluminum lined baking pan.
– Drizzle with olive oil; turn to coat. Arrange the seasoned chicken skin up.
– Roast about 35 minutes. (thermometer should read 165° at thickest part). About 25 minutes for chicken hind quarter.
– Let rest 5 minutes before cutting.
– Cut along the leg, separating the thigh and breast. Cut the breast in half crosswise through the bone (keep wing intact). Cut through the joint connecting the drumstick to the thigh.